Re: The HTMLWG and WHATWG (Was: Default (informal) Style Sheet)

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Mike Schinkel wrote:
>
>> Murray Maloney wrote:
>>
>>> I don't understand this exchange. Picking only one list would limit
>>> your audience. Since some of us are working exclusively in the HTML
>>> WG, I dont see how it helps to advise anyone to simply pick one list.
>>> My impression is that the W3C's HTML WG is working on the next W3C
>>> HTML. That is the spec that I want to work on.
>>>
>> I concur with Murray here. When I asked Dan Connolly about this he said
>> it had already been addressed by Ian on a list where Ian said WHATWG
>> will continue even though it might be a superset.  But I find that whole
>> organization confusing much like the old Chinese proverb "Man with one
>> watch knows the time. Man with two watches is never sure."
>>

> Just to clarify what I said:...

Thanks for the clarification. I do hear you and think you have valid
points, but doesn't it seem to you that having two parallel groups
discussing the same issues where not everyone is involved in all
discussions somewhat troubling?  Wouldn't not be possible to merge the
two activities, at least until the W3C proves that it won't make
progress (hopefully not, but that is your concern, right?)

Anyway, I've voiced my concern now and won't belabor it beyond this last
email.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/