W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > March 2009

TELECON AGENDA - 18 March 2009

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:10:33 -0700
To: public-forms@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF3282060E.86A20051-ON8825757D.000A49C1-8825757D.000BE2C8@ca.ibm.com>
Regrets so far: Leigh
Start Time: 10:45am Eastern US (15:45Z, except 14:45Z during US DST)
Duration: 90 minutes

Previous minutes: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0038.html
IRC supplement: http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-forms-minutes.html

Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
Kenneth/MarkS, Raman, Susan, Rafael/Rogelio, Charlie, Steven, 
Erik, Nick, MarkB/Paul, Ulrich/Sebastian

AGENDA ITEMS:
=============
* = be ready to discuss
+ = discuss time permitting

Reports, Etc.
-------------
Upcoming telecons

Upcoming AC Meeting

Next FtF

The Forms Newsletter/News items

XForms 1.1
Implementation report progress

XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1

Rich Web Application Backplane


Action Items
------------
Action Item List:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0029.html

Administrative Issues
---------------------
HTML Validator updates for XForms and "XForms for HTML"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Nov/0063.html
- Discussed on Nov. 26, 2008

Forms Task Force
- FPWD: 
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/XFormsForHTML/index-all.html
- Thoughts: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms-tf/2008Jun/0000.html
- Architecture alignment strawman: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0068.html

Fix our shortname issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions

W3C Spec matrix
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Nov/0071.html
- Discussed on Nov. 26, 2008


PROGRESS ON WORKING GROUP GOALS
===============================

Issue Classification
----------------------
- Submissions and RRRR
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0007.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0012.html

- Submission as multipart/form-data
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0021.html
 
- Filename and mediatype under submission as multipart/form-data 
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0022.html

- repeat and relevance/enabled/disabled
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Mar/0007.html

- Clashes of XHTML2 and XForms
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0020.html
  esp. target on submission
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0048.html
 
* XForms 1.1 Completion
-----------------------
Issues
- - - -
- Latest implementation testing status (needs update)
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Feb/0049.html

- When to use resource attribute
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0028.html

Test suite changes
- - - - - - - - - -
- Test suite as Google Code project?
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0025.html
  W3C licensing, RF protection, etc.?

- Link error removal caused version-exception section to move
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0035.html

- Is the zip file updated?
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Feb/0039.html
 
Modifications from Erik's action item?

- digest and hmac results for hex encoding
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0031.html

- setvalue behavior on roots and ns nodes not changed
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0036.html
 
- Question about how to update test 11.9.4.b
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Feb/0091.html

- Using submission to validate data
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Feb/0084.html

- relevance pruning before validation
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Feb/0083.html

- Lazy authoring tests are broken
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0027.html

- Test 6.1.3.b is broken
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0045.html
 
- Tests corrections for appendix B9, B11 and B14
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0046.html
 
Advancing XForms for HTML
-------------------------
- Assertions
- Examples
- Test Suite

- Rationalization of XForms for HTML, RDFa, and ARIA
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0044.html
 
+ XForms 1.2 Features
---------------------
- Context everywhere, context on bind
- Data driven switch
- case()
- Better expression of default trigger
- submissions that put and get binary resources
- submission method default is "get"
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Feb/0065.html
- Ability to suppress RRRR on submission completion
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0007.html
- Lazy authoring improvement: empty instance exists even if no refs

Review Possibilities
JSON submissions?
submission to a "new" window?
mediatype="text/html" on textarea for rich text content?
XML Events 2?
Dialogs?
Model improvements (optional, nested, external/src, exceptions)?
UI event notification improvements?
See older issues below?

Analyzing Modularization for AJAX Programmers
---------------------------------------------

Modularization of XForms based on markup seemed at one point a necessary 
step of decoupling modules against which APIs could be written. 
However, the working group now wants to approach the problem by starting 
with the needed APIs and letting the modularization requirements follow.

XForms 2.0
----------

Refactor dependencies to detect automatic rebuild conditions and reduce 
circular dependencies
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/att-0069/2008-05-28.html#topic6

Review possibilities

Older issues
------------
Currency data values, etc.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Sep/0041.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Sep/0043.html

Validity notification on initial or hidden data
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008May/0015.html
- Isn't it about time we add an xforms-control-initialize event?
- Seems we need it for modularization to work right
- Defer to face to face meeting

The xforms-link-exception
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0001.html
Discussed Aug. 20, 2008. Need to dispatch xforms-link-error to 
instance rather than link-exception to model. For legacy, if the
link-error bubbles up to model, it could throw link-exception, but
then the author can prevent the exception by cancelling the error
Note: xforms-link-error is not currently cancellable
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0003.html

xforms-submit-done response-body and host language submission result 
targeting
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0048.html
Discussed 21 May 2008; perhaps only for replace="none"
Concern was about efficiency.  Could add "want-response-body" default 
false in
xforms-submit, then if turned true the response-body would be non-empty in 
the
xforms-submit-done.  Host language could then push response-body content 
to
a new window.

xforms-submit-serialize receives empty submission-body value
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Nov/0061.html
Discussed 03 Dec 2008; decided to allow future version feature that
helps control whether submission body is empty on start
Context info of xforms-submit could provide a writable flag


=============================================

[[Magic for irc channel:

/invite zakim
zakim, this will be forms
/invite rrsagent
rrsagent, make log public

Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
...
ACTION: <someone> to <something>
...

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
actions?

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back

]]
Received on Wednesday, 18 March 2009 02:10:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:50 UTC