W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > September 2007

TELECON AGENDA: 25 SEP 2007

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:27:40 -0700
To: Forms WG (new) <public-forms@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OF82D4114F.7DD7FC62-ON88257361.0080D57B-88257361.0080E597@ca.ibm.com>
Regrets so far: Steven, Erik

Previous minutes: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Sep/0061.html
IRC supplement: http://www.w3.org/2007/09/19-forms-minutes.html

Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
Susan, Joern, Dave, Ulrich, Blake, Nick, Kenneth, 
Rogelio, David, Rafael, MarkB, Keith, Charlie, MarkS, 
Raman, Lars, Sebastian, Erik

Latest Action Item List:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Sep/0067.html

Action item rotation list (when no volunteers):
Dave, Erik, Keith, Joern, John, Kenneth, Lars, Leigh, MarkB, 
MarkS, Nick, Rafael, Raman, Rogelio, Sebastian, Steven, 
Susan, Ulrich, Blake, Charlie

AGENDA ITEMS:
=============

REPORTS (* as needed)
=====================

Next FtF

XForms 1.0 Third Edition
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/PER-xforms-20070725/

XForms 1.1
To add an issue from www-forms-editor, *forward* to 
xforms-issues@mn.aptest.com
To search last call issues and add bugs, see 
http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xforms-issues/
For last call issues admin, use http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/xforms-issues/ 
(after getting an account)
For problems with issue tracker, contact shane@aptest.com

XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1

Backplane
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2007JanMar/0165.html

* XForms Conference at XML Conference
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Sep/0080.html

XForms 1.2/Transitional
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Jul/0022.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2007JanMar/0173.html

Forms Joint Task Force with HTML WG
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Jun/0070.html


ISSUES for XForms 1.0 and 1.1
=============================

* Attendance at telecons and face to face meetings and to action items

* Process and progress for MarkB, Nick and Sebastian to make progress
on forms task force, including doing weekly work on XForms 1.2 ease
of authoring as well as making a charter response that reflects the 
view that XForms 1.2 will be the XForms 1.1 + reasonable changes 
needed so that WF2 + reasonable changes can be *closely* mapped to 
the XForms architecture, up to the point of allowing authors to 
incrementally use XForms vocabulary as they find the need to 
override the basic mapping.

* Action item needed for timely completion of XForms 1.1 schema updates

* Action item needed for timely team-work oriented completion of 
insert/delete examples.

* Progress report from WG members on their actions related to 
XForms 1.1 last call.  We need to figure out how much of a delay
needs to be reported on advancement of XForms 1.1 to CR.

I18N Group's Response to IRI issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2007Sep/0049.html

CDF Response about citing ODF
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2007Sep/0050.html

CDF Response about Compound Document Framework
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2007Sep/0051.html

Nillable complex type with simple content
http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xforms-issues/Types?id=92;user=guest;statetype=1;upostype=-1;changetype=-1;restype=-1

Issues with datatype validation
http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xforms-issues/Model?id=85;user=guest;statetype=1;upostype=-1;changetype=-1;restype=-1
http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xforms-issues/Model?id=86;user=guest;statetype=1;upostype=-1;changetype=-1;restype=-1
http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xforms-issues/Model?id=87;user=guest;statetype=1;upostype=-1;changetype=-1;restype=-1

Detecting more than just syntax errors in XPath
http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xforms-issues/XPath?id=139;user=guest;statetype=1;upostype=-1;changetype=-1;restype=-1

Issues with the use of xforms-binding-exception and 
xforms-compute-exception
http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xforms-issues/Events?id=36;user=guest;statetype=1;upostype=-1;changetype=-1;restype=-1


Other Issues
------------

Non-selected case and non-relevant group
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Jun/0051.html

Events on startup; events for other UI creation scenarios
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007May/0088.html

Issues with deleting the context node
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Feb/0027.html
This was discussed April 4 (
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-xforms-minutes.html#item08),
but minutes record no resolution or action.

Issues with select1
1) Does a select1 visually multiselect if multiple items match choice?
2) Handling of simultaneous matching a copy item and an empty value item


ISSUES not yet categorized by version
=====================================


ISSUES for XForms 1.2, 2.0 and Beyond
=====================================

Problem with incremental attribute setting for selection="open" 
select1/select controls
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2006Sep/0098.html

The meaning of message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0013.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0012.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0011.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0010.html

The repeat-* attributes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2006OctDec/0232.html

We should allow the result of calculate to
be cast according to the assigned datatype,
e.g. no need to call boolean-from-string() if 
calculate assigns to a boolean node.

Single-Node Binding and UICommon* on case element
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2006Sep/0092.html

Better align case with group and switch with select1
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2006Sep/0115.html

Repeat and page view
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2006Aug/0090.html

Extended Actions
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2006JulSep/0073

multiple schemas targeting same namespace (unresolved when discussed at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2006JulSep/att-0109/20060726.html#topic15
)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2006JanMar/0348
  http://www.oxygenxml.com/archives/xml-dev/200209/msg00091.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2002Aug/0102.html
COMMENT: The spec restricts a model to one schema per namespace

Put @mediatype on textarea

Parallel trees
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2007Apr/0002.html

Need to distinguish types of bindings
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Jun/0099.html

See Future Featuers.


The Next Face-to-face AGENDA
===================================================

(Agenda ends)

=============================================

[[Magic for irc channel:

/invite zakim
zakim, this will be forms
/invite rrsagent
rrsagent, make log public
Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
...
ACTION: <someone> to <something>
...

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
actions?

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back

]]
Received on Tuesday, 25 September 2007 23:28:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:45 UTC