Re: Validation, error reports, and printing to stderr

Just wondering why it's not appropriate?

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> It's not appropriate for the p:try to report errors that the p:catch
> step catches.

Brought back some thoughts...

I seem to recall when creating a pipeline system before, playing with
the concept of using a secondary xml document to record errors or
store some state information that could be used later on that I did
not want to put in the main document. So each step would have the
ability to access this document if desired.

It made handling errors a bit more powerful I think given the
information was more easily accessible by subsequent pipeline logic
and easily readable.

--
Alex Muir
Instructor | Program Organizer - University Technology Student Work

Low budget software development benefiting development in the Gambia,
West Africa
Experience of a lifetime, come to Gambia and Join UTSWEB -
http://sites.utg.edu.gm/utsweb/