qualified local/global Re: Namespace problem

Hello,

George Cristian Bina wrote:

> <schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:plem="grips://xml.recom-verlag.de/comm/plem"
> targetNamespace="grips://xml.recom-verlag.de/comm/plem"
>      elementFormDefault="qualified"

Thanks a lot George. My email was sent before I saw yours. I did not
know the interaction between global and local definitions, neither that
"unqualified" was the default setting. It is clear to me now why
omitting the "plem" prefix would not have changed anything.

But still, a question remains (my knowledge of XSD and namespace
interaction is quite poor):
Having switched to "qualified", why would one need to declare the "plem"
prefix, in the instance as well as in the xsd ?

In the schema, the type FallImportExport is global, so in the target
namespace, which is the same as the one referenced by the "plem" prefix

In the instance, since it is already the default namespace and it is not
needed as a prefix anywhere, it is superfluous.

cheers.
Burak