Re: qualified local/global Re: Namespace problem

What i does not understand is why there is the need of defining one
element of a complex type to be in namespace A and another element or
attribute in namespace B. As i use namespaces in my programming
environment it makes no sense to put part of an object in a different
namespace as another. So i think a complex type as a whole (all local
elements and attributes) should be in one namespace too (it may be
important to get the types from differnt namespaces, but thats a
different thing). Can someone explain me why the expressive power to put
parts of a complex type in a different namespace as the complex type
itself is needed?

[For me XML-schema is a way to define lightweight objects. I am a
programmer, so this should be nothing astonishing :-) So i wonder why
certain apects of objects are much easier in my programming environment
than the corresponding aspect in XML schema, or are missing in XML
schema (why is there no namespace hierarchy?).]

Volker