Re: [xmlschema-dev] <none>

"Mark Thomson" <marktt@excite.com> writes:

> Suppose a schema <include>s two other schemas. The first one has a global attribute declared as follows:
>
> <attribute name="AA">
>   <simpleType>
>     <restriction base="xsd:float"/>
>    <simpleType>
> </attribute>
>
> and the second one has the same attribute, but declared as follows:
>

> <attribute name="AA" type="xsd:float"/>
>

> Is this ok? or should it be reported as an error? (i.e., are the
> types equivalent?) (I didn't see anything in the specs that
> disallows empty <restriction> elements).

There's nothing disallowing it.  The REC is not completely clear on
what constitutes an "component identical" to another component, so I'm
afraid schema processors have some license to differ on this one.  The
WG plans to tighten this up in the next version (although I won't
predict which way it will go on this particular example).

                      Half-time member of W3C Team