Re: Validating Schema on a lan without internet access (using XSV)

"Glenn R Fletcher" <grfletcher@raytheon.com> writes:

> I've written a test xml instance document and xml schema that validates
> (using the XSV validator) when I reference the
> "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" namespace in both documents.
>
> Does anyone know how I would validate these documents without access to the
> internet?  I've read the "is it possible to validate schemas locally
> without accessing the internet" thread, but I'm still not having any luck.
> I downloaded XSV locally on to my machine, but when I try to reference it
> within my schema and instance document, I get the following error:
>
> <?xml version='1.0'?>
> <xsv xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/05/xsv" docElt="{None}test1"
>      instanceAssessed="false" schemaDocs="Test.xsd" schemaErrors="0"
>      target="file:///H://TestInstance.xml"
>      version="XSV 2.5-1 of 2003/06/24 13:33:31">
>   <schemaDocAttempt URI="file:///H://Test.xsd" outcome="failure"
>                     source="command line">
>     <notASchema filename="file:///H://Test.xsd">Root was &lt;schema>, but
> not in W3C XML Schema namespace: http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema (was
> c:/Program Files/XSV)</notASchema>
>   </schemaDocAttempt>
> </xsv>

The error message means exactly what it says.  Your schema document
(Test.xsd) evidently looks like this:

<schema xmlns="c:/Program Files/XSV">

It should look like this:

<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

This will _not_ cause XSV to go to the internet, and will work just
fine on an isolated LAN.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team