Re: XML Schema meta-model, UML

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Marek Lehmann wrote:

> I'm looking for some meta-model of XML Schema (instead of definition).
> Preferably in UML or some other graphical notation.  I've found XML Schema
> definition expressed in XML Schema ( http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd),
> but it's still not this what I'm interested in.

Not quite what you're asking for, but http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-formal/
(XML Schema: Formal Description) might be of interest.

> I also wonder about an internal representation of XML Schema in tools that
> support it.

Interesting question. There is some DOM work in this area:

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-ASLS/
	http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-ASLS/abstract-schemas.html
	http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-ASLS/abstract-schemas.html#ASEditing

(I don't believe that either of these specs claim to represent everything
from XML Schema, but I've not studied either in detail).

Hope this helps,

Dan

--
mailto:danbri@w3.org