Re: [Moderator Action] Validator seems to have a memory

"Henry S. Thompson" wrote:

> "Eric Gossett" <gossett@bethel.edu> writes:
>
> > Is it possible to provide the XML validator with a button to have it forget
> > a previously read schema .xsd file? It seems to retain older versions of a
> > shema-in-progress, making it very difficult to progress.
>
> I have laboured lengthily to try to discover where in the data path
> someone is caching XSV input, but without success.  The W3C systems
> staff assure me it's not happening locally.
>
> All I can suggest, and I realise this is less than satisfactory, is
> that you change filenames as you make edits.

Accepting the very likely risk that I have not a clue what I'm talking
about other than the fact I recently ran into this on our website, may I
humbly suggest the following:

If HTTP is being used as the transport, including the following HTTP
headers is supposedly your best bet for keeping any and all endpoints
and intermediaries from caching data that comes their way:

  Expires: -1
  Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate   // HTTP/1.1
  Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0
  Pragma: no-cache                                     // HTTP/1.0

I hope this helps, but as I said earlier, your mileage may (greatly)
vary...

--
Steve Rosenberry
Sr. Partner

Electronic Solutions Company -- For the Home of Integration
http://ElectronicSolutionsCo.com

http://BetterGoBids.com -- The Premier GoTo Bid Management Tool

(610) 670-1710