RE: Help wanted with XML Schema for Dublin Core in RDF/XML

Hi Dave,

You've also got another issue with your schema.  You can't use a namespace
prefix in the "name" attribute of an element declaration.  The element
declaration will automatically use the target namespace of the schema
document.  So, for example,

<element name="rdf:RDF".....

is not valid.  In your case, since you are declaring elements in two
namespaces, you need to have two schema documents, one for the rdf namespace
and one for the dc namespace, with one importing the other.

Another nit is that I don't see the "dc" prefix declared anywhere in the
schema document.

Hope that helps,
Priscilla

Priscilla Walmsley                          priscilla@walmsley.com
Vitria Technology                            http://www.vitria.com
Author, Definitive XML Schema                  (Prentice Hall PTR)

http://dublincore.org/documents/2001/11/28/dcmes-xml/dcmes-xml-xsd.xsd

    -- changed to a different version to allow more easy reuse, refining
    -- made informational (non-normative) after feedback

Version of 2001-09-20
  using http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
  passed W3C XSV 1.203/1.106 of 2001/09/03 as of 2001-09-20.

    http://dublincore.org/documents/2001/09/20/dcmes-xml/dcmes-xml-xsd.xsd

    -- updated to use the XSD REC

Version of 2001-04-11
  using http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema.dtd
  passed W3C XSV validator for XML Schema 20000922 version as of 2001-03-14

    http://dublincore.org/documents/2001/04/11/dcmes-xml/dcmes-xml-xsd.xsd

    -- original version, a conversion from the DTD