RE: [Moderator Action] ambigous string

Hi,

I agree with Henry that the first example is a list of two strings.
But:

> > <list>
> > 	<union memberTypes="int">
> > 		<simpleType>
> > 			<list itemType="string"/>
> > 		</simpleType>
> > 	</union>
> > </list>

This amounts to a list of a list, which is disallowed by the rec [1]
(clause 2.1).

Priscilla

Priscilla Walmsley             priscilla@walmsley.com
Author, Definitive XML Schema     (Prentice Hall PTR)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1#cos-st-restricts