Re: [xml-dev] which xml schema tools do it right concerning including attributes xml:lang and xml:space

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Paul Hermans" <paul_hermans@protext.be>; <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>;
<xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 2:27 AM
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] which xml schema tools do it right concerning
including attributes xml:lang and xml:space

(snip)

> XSV does the same, i.e. it only fetches one schema document per
> imported namespace, regardless of how many <import> elements it
> encounters.

Does this mean when you import a specific namespace, you need to
specify the top schema document.

For example, if you try to import two schema documents in the
same namespace, only the first import succeeds even the second
document does contain additional type definitions or element
declarations.

So, for the given example, people should use a proxy to contain
both documents and provide it to the schema processor via the
"import" schema component.  Am I right about this?

The point I try to bring up with is:
   Should the schema processor decide whether to fetch a
   schema document based on:
     i) namespace only, or
    ii) schemaLocation and namespace?

Thx,

-Stanley

> ht
> --
>   Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of
Edinburgh