conplexType with mixed="true" and no content.

KAZUMI Saito writes:
 > >From my read of the schema recomenndation, following xml instance
 > is not valid against that schema.
 >
 > XSD:
 > <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
 >   <xs:element name="root">
 >     <xs:complexType mixed="true"/>
 >   </xs:element>
 > </xs:schema>
 >
 > XML:
 > <root>text</root>
 >
 > Because, the rec says in "Complex Type Definition with complex content
 > Schema Component",
 >
 > {content type}:

The part you left out was
 1 If the <restriction> alternative is chosen, then the appropriate
   case among the following:

 > 1.1 If one of the following is true
 > , then empty; (*1)
 > 1.2 otherwise a pair consisting of
 > 1.2.1 the appropriate case among the following:
 > 1.2.1.1 If the mixed [attribute] is present on <complexContent>,
 >         then mixed if its ?actual value? is true, otherwise elementOnly;
 > 1.2.1.2 If the mixed [attribute] is present on <complexType> and its ?actual
 >         value? is true, then mixed;
 > 1.2.1.3 otherwise elementOnly.
 >       among the [children].
 >
 > clause  1.2.1 above makes menthion of mixed attribute, but clause 1.1.1
 > is match first, then the <root> element must be empty, I think.
 >
 > clause 1.2.1.x is prior to clause 1.1 ?

So 1.1.1 only applies if you are doing restriction, which the example
does not.  So 1.2.1 applies.

- Roß

---
It is absurd to divide people into good and bad.  People are either
charming or tedious.			-- Oscar Wilde