Re: Current Status of XSV: shadowing of elementFormDefault

"Henry S. Thompson" wrote:

> Other way 'round -- the declaration in the include_d_ schema overrides
> that in the includ_ing_ schema.  Sorry if 'shadow' was a misleading
> word to use.

Let me make absolutely certain that I understand this.  I think that to
avoid any ambiguity let's consider an example.

Example.  Suppose that I create a Camera schema, and it includes three
schemas - Nikon.xsd, Olympus.xsd, and Pentex.xsd.

Camera.xsd
   elementFormDefault="qualified"
   include Nikon.xsd, Olympus.xsd, Pentex.xsd

Nikon.xsd
   elementFormDefault="unqualified"

Olympus.xsd
  elementFormDefault="qualified"

Pentex.xsd
  elementFormDefault="unqualified"

> the declaration in the include_d_ schema overrides that in
> the includ_ing_ schema.

We have three schemas being included, each with different values for
elementFormDefault (unqualified, qualified, unqualified, respectively).
Which one will override Camera's elementFormDefault?

I believe that you really mean that Camera's elementFormDefault
overrides the elementFormDefault values found in Nikon.xsd, Olympus.xsd,
or Pentex.xsd.  Correct?  /Roger