Re: ASN.1 => XML Schema questions

At 16:42 01/06/27 +1000, Geoff Elgey wrote:

>Martin Duerst wrote:

> > I'm very curious how ASN.1 solves this problem.
>
>The encoding rules (such as BER/DER) explicitly specify (using a tag and
>length) each particular SET within a SEQUENCE. So the ambiguous string
>"xyzyx" would actually be something like  "{ {xy},{zyx} }" under
>BER/DER, so that there are no ambiguities in its interpretation.
>
>I was hoping to achieve the same result by using <all>* for a sequence
>of sets, but there are still ambiguities. I'll use another method for
>representing sequence of sets, that explicitly delimits each set.

I see. ASN.1 cannot do magic, it has to use delimiters.
Why did you think XML Schema can do magic and work
without delimiters?

So what you may want is to have the same delimiter everywhere
rather than using a different delimiter for every type.
I guess this should be possible with local declarations.
Maybe you should try to work out an example.

Regards,   Martin.