Re: Mixed content and simpleType

"Bruno Chatel" <bcha@chadocs.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> If i  use mixed content in a Schema :
> <xsd:complexType name="cType" mixed="true">
>   <xsd:choice  minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
>      <xsd:element ref="e1"/>
>      <xsd:element ref="e2"/>
>    </xsd:choice>
>  </xsd:complexType>
>
> It means that I may have some content and
> elements e1 and/or e2  in my element of type cType.
> It seems that there is no more informations on the
> content type.
>
> Is there a way to design that the content in cType has
> a type (simpleType) ?

No.  There has been discussion about this, but a lot of uncertainty
about exactly what character sequence the type would apply to.
Consider this case:

<wrap><e2>T</e2>his is <e1>a</e1>
forced example.
</wrap>

There are at least three possible stories about what a simpleType
would apply to:

  1) 'This is a forced example. '
  2) 'his is '; ' forced example. '
  3) 'T'; 'his is '; 'a'; ' forced example. '

Which did _you_ have in mind?

> Is there a default type ? xsd:string ? A way to apply facets on
> it ?

See above.