Re: xsv errors

Hi Donna,

The error messages from xsv takes a while to get used to but after
awhile you know what to look for. There are a few things you can look
for and Roger Costello wrote in his tutorial:

"Unfortunately, the output from xsv is somewhat dense.  However, with
some practice you will find that it contains a lot of useful
information. For now, the things that you want to look for in the output
are these:

     instanceErrors='0'
     schemaErrors='0'
     validation='strict'

If you don't see these three things in the output then either: (1) you
have an error (and the output will contain error messages), or (2) your
documents do not strictly conform to the spec, but there is no explicit
error (in
which case you will see validation='lax')."

If you don't mind some more work you can choose to put the output in a
file (with the -o <filename> option) and the use saxon or another XSLT
processor to format the output using the xsv.xsl stylesheet that is
provided when you download xsv.

Hope this help a bit
/Eddie