Terminology: `absolutization' is vile

From: Paul W. Abrahams <abrahams@valinet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 12:18:28 -0400
To: xml-uri@w3.org
The term `absolutization' seems to have crept into these discussions.   It's
not used in RFC2396, which speaks of ``Resolving Relative References to
Absolute Form''.   Am I the only one whose sense of literate English is
offended?   I'd suggest calling the process either `resolution' or `anchoring'
(another possibility is `docking', which has for me the image of fitting a
relative URI to its base as a ferry is docked to its slip).

Paul Abrahams