Re: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

   :

>The thing that hangs together this (typically
>weblike) heterogeneity is that whatever we find when we dereference
>some namespace is authoritative. Whether I find HTML, MP3, a public key
>(hmmm...) or XML/RDF when I dereference a namespace URI, I
>should be able to treat that data as coming from the owner/manager of that
>Web vocabulary, and therefore something that can tell me something of the
>meaning of that vocabulary.

This works fine if...

(a) Only the creator of the namespace (i.e. the person with the ability to
place things at the namespace URI) should be able to make descriptive
statements about the namespace.

(b) A single formulation of that descriptive metadata is appropriate to
support all the various processing applications which the world will apply
to documents using names from the namespace.

I don't believe either of these.
--
Cheers,
John