RE: The 'resource' identified by a namespace name URI should be the namespace

At 06:57 PM 6/2/00 -0700, Larry Masinter wrote:
> > Au contraire.  The "data:" scheme is the only one for which it is *known*
> > that if two URIs are different, the resources are different too.
>
>data:,abcd and data:text/plain,abcd are different, but identify the
>'same' resource.

If I have understood the debate correctly, there is a strong constituency
that would say they identify *different* resources that happen to have the
*same* value, or content, or yield the same result when certain functions
are applied, or...

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)