Decryption Transform Specification

From: Donald E. Eastlake 3rd <dee3@torque.pothole.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:26:59 -0500
To: xml-encryption@w3.org
Hi,

- I think the Abstract is a bit strong and general.  How about
something more like

     This document specifies a "decryption transform" for use in XML
     Digitial Signatures such that, in many cases, it is possible to
     detect subsequent signature invalidating encrytions and undo
     them.

- Why is it only applicable to EncryptedData? Why shouldn't I be able
to have a signature that includes an EncryptedKey in its scope and
still protect it?

- Much of the XML is clipped by the right margin when I print it on
paper.

- First sentence of section 6.1: I don't see that this has the power
to permit or prohibit anything. How about "facilitate" instead of
"permit".

Thanks,
Donald

 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      dee3@torque.pothole.com
 155 Beaver Street                                +1 508-634-2066(h)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                            +1 508-261-5434(w)