Re: [XML11TF] (on the "restrictive" option)

I think that's a separate issue; it's on the receiving side. The
problem here is on the sending side; you might have a message that's
perfectly legal, but can't be sent by a binding, because it doesn't
support some of the characters in it.

On Mar 15, 2004, at 9:04 AM, Yves Lafon wrote:

> Also, if you have a XML 1.0 happy infoset and a serialization in
> iso-8859-1 with some non ascii characters in it, how will react a
> node, as
> only UTF-8 and UTF-16 encoding are required to be supported?
>
> Restricting to XML 1.0 at the infoset level may not be enough.

Office of the CTO   BEA Systems