Re: [XML11TF] (on the "restrictive" option)

Mark,

I think that this issue is somewhat linked to the main one from Yves' email.

Yves's email was about how to restrict what is allowed in the SOAP
infoset to ensure the best possible interoperability between SOAP nodes.
The main point of his proposal is to restrict the content of a SOAP
infoset to what is serializable with XML 1.0. However, he notes that due
to the different character encoding allowed in XML 1.0, this might not
be sufficient to ensure full interoperability between two SOAP nodes.

The character encoding problem can be solved using some content
negociation mechanism, but I think that the objective of the
"restrictive" option is to design the constraints that will ensure that
any SOAP message will be accepted by any SOAP node (assuming the HTTP
binding is used).

Hope this helps,

Hervé.