Re: [getf] Node MUST process? (was: [GETF] okay, here's an updated draftwith Henrik's option B)

Hmmm... seems to me that what we're trying to say is that
the entity which we call a "SOAP node" is not restricted
from engaging itself in activities that are related to
messaging, but that do not involve SOAP messages per se.
So, it isn't clear to me that we have yet captured the correct
words to say this in spec-ese. (at least, I for one
don't read that in the proposals to date). How 'bout:

<chris>

The processing rules defined in this section relate exclusively
to the circumstance in which a SOAP node *receives*, by (any|some unspecified)
means, a SOAP message. [note: I think that more correctly, we should probably
use the phrase: a message that conveys a SOAP envelope infoset" to be
precise] This processing is further qualified when a SOAP node
considers itself a SOAP intermediary node, acting in both the receiving
and forwarding roles, in that order.

Beyond that qualification, these SOAP processing rules have nothing
to say about the processing undertaken in the context of more
than one message (whether or not those messages convey a SOAP
envelope infoset) by an entity that considers itself
to be a SOAP node. The processing associated with related messages
is expected to be defined by a special class of feature that we call
an MEP (see section XX).

</chris>

Cheers,

Chris