Re: [getf] Node MUST process? (was: [GETF] okay, here's an updateddraftwith Henrik's option B)

Hmm... I think you are actually saying something quite different; at least this is
not how I've understood Noah's original proposal [1]. Maybe it's the "need do so
for others" which is confusing.

IMO, the points he was trying to convey were (or at least my interpretation of
them):

  1. The SOAP processing model applies to a single message only, in isolation from
     any other SOAP message.
  2. There is no state, correlation or coordination at the processing model level,
     even, for example if you are using a MEP which involves sending mutiple
     messages in sequence, each subsequent message depending on the response to
     the previous message.
  3. Coordination/orchestration between multiple message is done at the MEP level
     (in hypothetical new MEPs), not at the processing model level.

I don't think this spec necessarily needs to say that a SOAP node "is not
restricted from engaging in activities that do not involve SOAP messages".
Comments?

Jean-Jacques.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2002Jun/0011.html