Re: issue 168 proposal: xsi:type of external references in Encodi ng (fwd)

Proposed further clarifications set off in >> ..<<:

"This specification does not constrain the type of resource that can be
referenced through the <att>href</att> attribute information item. In the
case
of an XML resource, the type MAY be defined by the <att>xsi:type</att>
attribute information item >>on the referenced resource<< or by an
associated
XML Schema >>(note, however that schema validation of referenced resources
is
OPTIONAL)<<. For non-XML resources, other typing means >>MAY<< be used,
although the specification of such typing means is outside the scope of
this
specification.  >>When no such type information is available, the
referenced
resource is considered to be 'untyped'.<<"

I'm not 100% comfortable with the last part, but if we're mapping from
serializations to graphs, and if graph nodes are generally typed, we have
to say something about the interpretation in the case where no type
information is available.  I'm more or less convinced that the other
changes proposed above are desireable.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

"Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>