RE: DR309 -- ongoing discussion

How about the following slight revisions on Noah's proposal:

"Following the example of XHTML Basic [1], XML Protocol supports
_applications_ that work on resource constrained devices, including devices
that do not support the feature set normally associated with XML processing
environments."

Rationale: "should support" is a weak statement; "will work" - don't need
future tense; "which may not be able to support" is too wordy, also weak;
"full feature set normally" seems redundant, either "full feature set" or
"feature set normally" is preferable.

Bill Anderson
Xerox Research