Re: [DR008] - passing arbitrary content

Kevin Mitchell wrote:

> Current wording of DR008
> Support passing arbitrary content from third parties [...]
> Proposal
> I am not sure what this requirement adds on top of DR040. [...]
> Therefore, I propose we strike this requirement from the
> document.

Well, I think there is a subtle difference between DR 8 and DR 40:

   * DR 40 talks about binary content, such as a JPEG file.
   * DR 8 talks about arbitrary (read non-XML) content, such as a JPEG file
     OR a text document.

DR 8 is a superset of DR 40, and if there was one requirement to drop, it
would be DR 40 instead of DR 8. However, given that DR 8 is important to
some people (although out-of-scope today), I propose that we keep both
requirements explicitely, rewording DR 8 as follows:

"XP will not support passing arbitrary content from third parties within an
XP enveloppe, at least initially."

Jean-Jacques.