Re: [DR008] - passing arbitrary content

good point.  How about the following as a combined, proposed rewording of
DR's 008 and 040:

"In keeping with the spirit of a minimalist design as specified in the
XML Protocol Working Group Charter, the XML Protocol Working Group does
not have specific requirements concerning binary data support. The same
approach applies to support for arbitrary non-XML content such as text
files. However, the XML Protocol Working Group recognizes that some
applications of the XML Protocol will require the exchange of arbitrary
non-XML or binary data such as JPEG and PNG. To facilitate such
implementations, the XML Protocol Working Group may illustrate how such
exchanges may be accomplished in a non-normative section of the XML
Protocol specification.  These illustrations will
leverage the work already done in this area by the ebXML and RosettaNet
groups."

On 12/5/00, 7:37:57 AM, Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr> wrote
regarding Re: [DR008] - passing arbitrary content: