Re: question about "xsltTransformation" property in DAML-S 0.9+

Joachim,

this is a quick answer to your message.  I will probably send you a
more complete answer later after I look at your examples.

Joachim.Peer@unisg.ch writes:

 > Does there exist an example/explanation of the "xsltTransformation"
 > property, or is this work in progress?

I believe that the best example so far is in the Amazon.com to be
published soon as part of 0.9.

 > *  a DAML+OIL concept can have multiple RDF/XML representations => Q: Do
 > you plan to impose some guidelines which restrict the use of certain RFD
 > abbrev. syntaxes, or do you think it's the responsibility of the softare
 > agents, to figure out how _exactly_ the mapping should be carried out ,
 > e.g. to figure out which RDF/XML style is used,  etc.

The latter is the correct approach. The point of the XSLT
tranformation is to provide a way to model Web services using DAML-S
even though those Web services do not "speak" DAML, OWL or RDF.
Basically, the rationale is that a Web service, say a book selling Web
service, will have to deal with titles, author names, isbn number and
what not.  All this information has to be communicated no matter what,
even if the Web service does not use DAML,RDF or OWL.  The XSLT
tranformation is there to allow the client to tranform the XML data it
received from the Web service and tranform it in a format that it can
understand.  Possibly this format is DAML, but I believe that we can
support any other XML data format.

 > * XSLT Transformations are not bi-directional => Q: will the stylesheets
 > for inputProperties look different than those for outputProperties?

Yes, you have to write two tranformations, one for the incoming
messages, one for the outcoming ones.

I hope that my comments helped, I look forward to read your examples,
and to hear more comments from you.

--- Massimo.