RE: Minutes, 8 July 2004 WS Desc telcon

Mark wrote:
> The minutes don't state what the scope of this decision was; was 225
> closed without *further* action (i.e., the first and third proposals
in
> the referenced e-mails were accepted last week; were those decisions
> overturned?) or was it just that the change to <types> voted down?

We only addressed Part 2 - Parts 1 and 3 remain accepted.  Part 2 was
closed without action implying that <types> will not be renamed to
<elements>.

> I'm confused because my second proposal -- which should have been on
> the table here -- didn't mention the 'element declarations' property
at
> all; it was a simple syntactic change to the Infoset representation of
> the component model.

I agree the discussion on this point seems a bit random from the
minutes.  I think this was just rehashing the already accepted Part 1 of
your proposal.  It is recorded as implemented already
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0059.html).
Since there was some editorial license involved, you might want to check
that the resolution was incorporated to your satisfaction.

> Could someone please clarify what happened, since the WG decided to
> close this issue when I wasn't on the call?

As I recall, your presence would not have altered the strong sentiment
not to rename <types> at this point :-).

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0174.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0050.html