Re: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:13:53 -0700
Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [...]

Which is a deep, serious problem.

> > As
> > I read the requirement (114), we are tasked with providing a
> > mechanism to
> > ensure that this does not occur.
>
> Then I think the requirement is wrong.

In fact, Tom's interpretation of the requirement is not necessarily the
correct one.  R114 may be taken to read as "permit authors to indicate
this" rather than "require authors to indicate this".  If it is "permit",
we're done.  If it is "require", then there will be significant opposition
to selection of any particular dispatch algorithm, which in turn means
that the indication of a dispatch algorithm must be "open", which means
that I can define mine as "none://of.your/business/".

The client can trust that the service *will* dispatch the message,
somehow.  How, is not information necessary to the client.

Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.
alewis@tibco.com