RE: Issue 168 (Which Operation?) / Requirement R114

Hugo wrote:

> Thank you for this excellent analysis. I think that you framed
> the problem very well.

yes, thanks David, excellent!

> Therefore, thinking out loud, I think that we could say in Part 1
> that, if the GED of operations is not unique, extra information must
> be used in order to unambiguously identify the operation relating to a
> message received by a service, by using a feature at the interface
> operation level. We could even define such a feature, say the
> Operation Name Specification Feature, which would be an abstract
> feature: we would not define how it is implemented (in SOAP, HTTP, or
> any other way), just noting that its use makes the receiver of the
> message aware of which operation the message is related to.

So the default for an absent feature (or do i mean property?) would be
routing via the GED, but this may be overridden to point to another
mechanism?

Either way the publisher of a service would have to explicitly declare
in WSDL the dispatching mechanism being employed.

That sounds reasonable to me.

Paul