RE: Reading list for September Face to Face meeting

Mike,

I rather object to your summary of REST reading materials being the Paul
Prescod op-ed article and not refering to material from the W3C Web
Architecture doc or Dr. Fielding's thesis on REST.  On Aug 30, the W3C TAG
published a Working Draft of Architecture Principles, which includes a
section on REST and shared information space [1].  For my part of the REST
presentation, I intend to cover material in the TAG document.  No surprise,
given I wrote the TAG sections that summarize REST, among other
contributions :-)  In general, I would like to use authoritative references
rather than op-ed pieces.  For example, Dr. Fielding's thesis section 5 is a
wonderful and definitive source of information on REST.  I heartily
encourage people to read the TAG summary and Roy's thesis for REST.

I will also note that the TAG is having some heartburn over the issue of
what is part of architecture or not, so we are not nearly alone in
navel-gazing when figuring out how far architecture goes wrt documents and
charters.

Cheers,
Dave
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-webarch-20020830/#protocols
[2] http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/pubs/dissertation/rest_arch_style.htm

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/02/06/rest.html and
http://www.sys-con.com/xml/articleprint.cfm?id=454

Choreography-related proposals:

http://www.w3.org/TR/wsci/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-bpel/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-coor/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-transpec/
http://www.w3.org/TR/wscl10/
http://www.bpmi.org/bpml-spec.esp
http://www.ebxml.org/specs/ebBPSS.pdf

That should keep you busy even on the longest flight, and entertain you if
you find yourself stuck in an airport somewhere :-)

I look forward to meeting you next week!

Mike Champion