From: Ian B. Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 1:52 PM
To: chairs@w3.org
Subject: First public WD of "Architectural Principles of the World Wide
Web"

Dear Chairs,

I'm pleased to announce the publication of the first public
Working Draft of "Architectural Principles of the
World Wide Web" [1].

 From the abstract:

  "The World Wide Web is a networked information system. Web
  Architecture is the set of principles that all agents in
  the system follow to create the large-scale effect of a shared
  information space. Identification, data formats, and protocols
  are the main technical components of Web Architecture, but the
  large-scale effect depends on social behavior as well.

  "This document strives to establish a reference set of
  principles for Web architecture."

You are invited to comment on this document on the TAG's
public mailing list (www-tag@w3.org).

Thank you,

  _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-webarch-20020830/

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447