Re: Choreography and REST

Christopher B Ferris wrote:

> You need to drill down a bit further than the one-sentence description
>
> of EDOC.
>
> I never claimed that EDOC-the-whole-thing is exclusively JUST about
> choreography of process and hence can be equated to WSCI at some
> level.
> However, business process is at the heart of what is needed to model
> enterprise
> distributed computing.

I agree that business process is key as a problem domain. We are talking
about the specific technology of choreography specifications. I do not
feel that these are proper *technical solutions* to the *business
problem* of business process description. Merely correlating client and
server states in a state machine only solves the part of the problem
that you *cause* if you refuse to make those states explicit on the wire
and in URI-addressable resources. If you design the service so that
states are explicit and addressable then you are freed to concentrate on
the larger problems (as it seems EDOC is).
--
"When I walk on the floor for the final execution, I'll wear a denim
suit. I'll walk in there like Willie Nelson, John Wayne, Will Smith