RE: REST, Conversations and Reliability

Yes, it would be great if WSA could look into this.

Ugo

-----Original Message-----
From: David Orchard [mailto:dorchard@bea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 11:06 AM
To: 'Ugo Corda'; edwink@collaxa.com; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: REST, Conversations and Reliability

The point of the proprietary systems is that the wire formats are binary,
generally not publicly available, and not agreed upon.  If we agree upon
XML, SOAP, SOAP extensions, then the formats are xml, publicly available and
agreed upon.  Then we can have interop across different systems and
platforms.

There is some big wriggle room in that soap 1.2 is infoset based, which
leaves the wire format potentially underspecified.  Perhaps something for
wsa to look at.

Cheers,
Dave