Re: Test document for review

Thanks Jim for your rapid review:

Jim Hendler wrote:

> Jeremy - a couple of quick comments:
>
> 1 - I would prefer we do not call section 4.2 "software conformance" as
> we are only discussing a specific type of software (document consistency
> checkers) - how about renaming it "Document Consistency checking" or
> something else more specific.

How about "Document Checking" (it has both syntactic and semantic checkers).

> 2 - I find the following wording (from section 5.2) to be confusing at
> best:
>
>> Many of the non-entailment tests can be converted into consistency
>> tests by negating the conclusions. Many of the entailment tests can be
>> converted into inconsistency tests by negating the conclusions. When
>> this process is applied to an OWL Lite entailment or non-entailment,
>> the resulting consistent or inconsistent document is usually an OWL DL
>> document.
>

> I'd suggest either making this more specific (by indicating which tests
> and what you mean by "negating" as we have no NOT construction) or drop
> this (my preferences)

Point taken, I will reply more fully in a few days.
A difficulty I am wrestling with is that we find it convenient to
illustrate the semantics with entailments but we do not seem to expect, as
part of our CR exit criteria, much implementation experience of these.

I will follow up on this in a new thread.

Jeremy