Re: HP reactions to AS&S and OWL

Personally I have a lot of sympathy with the views expressed here; I am
unclear whether my colleagues will find this line of argument sufficiently
compelling that we have got OWL sufficiently right.

I think as representative I have a procedural problem, how best to ensure
that HP has enough time to come to a thought out position, rather than a
substantive problem; I think HP *may* have a substantive problem.

The counterpoints to Jim's points here are:
1: Euler does not set out to be OWL Lite complete - if it turns out that it
is, that would be significant - this suggests a CR exit criteria which
includes a completeness proof for Euler (or similar tool) with respect to
OWL Lite.

2: the ease of exposition argument does not show that we got the semantics
right. The view of my colleagues is that OWL Lite as the basis for
interoperability means that there should be semantic interoperability -
this means that many tool sets etc. should be implementing OWL Lite
semantics, and lots of different incomplete OWL Lites will not deliver
interoperability.

Timeline wise I don't believe HP can resolve this before the planned last
call period (certainly not before 23rd for the last call vote).

I am beginning to fear that I may even end up having to vote against my own
document!!

Jeremy