Re: Action: Review of satisfaction of requirements

The precise wording of the requirement is:

R5. Ontology metadata
It must be possible to provide meta-data for each ontology, such as
author, publish-date, etc. The language should provide a standard set of
common metadata properties. These properties may or may not be borrowed
from the Dublin Core element set.

The reason I say it is not satisfied is the second sentence: "The
language should provide a STANDARD SET ..." As it stands, OWL does not
provide a standard set, but people can use the Dublin Core if they
desire. The difference between this and R19 and R20 is that OWL builds
on top of XML. OWL does not build on top of the Dublin Core, but instead
by building on RDF has the ability to reuse it.

I think we could say we met the requirement if we simply removed the
second sentence. That is, change it to:

R5. Ontology metadata
It must be possible to provide meta-data for each ontology, such as
author, publish-date, etc. These properties may or may not be borrowed
from the Dublin Core element set.

Would this be satisfactory?

Jeff