Re: Action: Review of satisfaction of requirements

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 14:57, Jeff Heflin wrote:
> I have reviewed the requirements from the Req Doc [1] with respect to
> our current language. Most of the requirements are definitely satisfied,
> however there is one that isn't and two that probably are (but I'd like
> a second opinion).
>
> R5. Ontology metadata is not satisfied.

No?

>  It essentially requires specific
> meta-data properties such as author, publish date, etc.

Which are already available in the dublin core.
We satisfied R5 by integrating OWL into
the Resource Description Framework in such a way
that we get these properties for free.

>  I would have no
> problem demoting this to an objective if the WG agrees.

No, I don't agree.

> The two probably supported are:
>
> R19. Supporting a character model
>
> and
>
> R20. Supporting a uniqueness of Unicode strings
>
> I think we get these for free with XML,

likewise we get R5 for free with RDF (and dublin core).