Re: [TEST] Vocabulary usage in Tests

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Dan Connolly wrote:

> >  Of course there's nothing wrong with that as it's not in the
> > OWL namespace :-)).
>
> Oh, but there is; those are not OWL Full documents:
>
> "An OWL Full document is an RDF/XML document [RDF/XML Syntax], for which
> the corresponding RDF graph [RDF Concepts] does not use any URI
> references starting with the prefix http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#
> except those found in the [RDF Schema for OWL]."
>  -- http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/editors-draft/snapshot#docConformance

Following this up, the test files:

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/I3.2/bad001.rdf
RDF     :       http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#cardinalityQ in OWL Namespace
RDF     :       http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#hasClassQ in OWL Namespace
OWL-Full:       NO

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/I3.2/bad002.rdf
RDF     :       http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#hasClassQ in OWL Namespace
RDF     :       http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#maxCardinalityQ in OWL Namespace
OWL-Full:       NO

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/I3.2/bad003.rdf
RDF     :       http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#hasClassQ in OWL Namespace
RDF     :       http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#minCardinalityQ in OWL Namespace
OWL-Full:       NO

are described in the Manifest files as being OWL-Lite. However, referring
to the above, they are not, as they include URI references in the OWL
namespace which are not in the RDF Schema. I realise that in this case
this is the point of the test, but the Manifest should reflect this,
particularly if the test ontologies are to be used to test things like
species validators.

Similarly for

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/maxCardinality/inconsistent001.rdf
http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/maxCardinality/inconsistent002.rdf
http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/miscellaneous/example002.rdf

which are described as being OWL-Full in the Manifest, but these are
side-effects of the problems I highlighted earlier.

Cheers,

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer