Re: ADMIN: Next Face to Face meetings

From: Deborah McGuinness <dlm@ksl.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: ADMIN: Next Face to Face meetings
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:24:48 -0800

> on the next meeting, is there no way the dates could be pushed back so
> people could choose to go to the webont meeting and then go down to
> toulouse for the dl, semantic web meeting, krdb, and kr
> conferences/workshops etc?  (http://www.irit.fr/kr02/)
> going to europe twice within 2 weeks is a significant problem for me and
> i presume others.
> this sets up so that people would get back on april 10 from europe and
> then turn around and need to leave for europe again on april 17 in order
> to make the meeting starts.

I totally agree.  It will be extraordinarily hard to convince my management
to send me to Europe twice in two weeks, and, moreover, even if I could
convince them, it would be extraordinarily disruptive to me.  I remember
discussion at the first f2f against a similar, but less disruptive situation.

> on the next face to face, I am willing to host  but I need to get the
> week of the meeting fixed in the next 2 weeks.   If we are definitely
> set on july 1-2 (or in general the week of july 4) i need to shuffle
> things which can be done now but cant be done 2 weeks from now.
>
> deborah

Further, I believe that Jim's action item was to send out the f2f schedule
proposal created at the 1st f2f meeting so that the proposal could be
discussed by the group.  What has happened is that dates and locations
have been changed, apparently unilaterally, and there does not appear to be
any chance for discussion.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research