Hot Java is here! And it *rocks*

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 11:06:10 -0800 (PST)
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www10.w3.org>

[Hey - I'm not getting paid by Sun anymore, so I can say this]

Sun's java group has released the first public distribution of hot java,
and even the alpha release blows away every other browser out there.
It makes <blink> look stupid; actually </blink> always looked stupid, but
that's not what I came here to talk about today. I'm here to talk
about secure downloadable applets, real object oriented programming, and
a language that's delivers what we all hoped for from Dylan. It's the
most exciting thing to happen to the Web since viola.

Java home page: http://java.sun.com/
Sunsite java mirror: http://sunsite.unc.edu/hotjava/

Simon-Bob says check it out