The Physical Web

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 15:14:28 +1000
To: TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
Andrew Betts showed this to me when he was in town a few weeks ago:
  https://github.com/google/physical-web
  http://google.github.io/uribeacon/

Looks interesting, and hitting about the right point; more usable than (for example) QR codes, if it’s done right.

Domenic / Alex, do you know the folks inside G doing this? Would be interesting to think/talk about some of the problems they identify in the Technical Overview.

In particular, I wonder if they should be using link relations to cut down on their metadata issue.

Tangentially - people in the IETF have been talking about putting URLs into DNS...

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/