Re: The Physical Web

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 20:03:07 +0900
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>

> Andrew Betts showed this to me when he was in town a few weeks ago:
>   https://github.com/google/physical-web
>   http://google.github.io/uribeacon/
>
> Looks interesting, and hitting about the right point; more usable than (for example) QR codes, if it’s done right.
>
> Domenic / Alex, do you know the folks inside G doing this? Would be interesting to think/talk about some of the problems they identify in the Technical Overview.
>
> In particular, I wonder if they should be using link relations to cut down on their metadata issue.
>
> Tangentially - people in the IETF have been talking about putting URLs into DNS...

Scott Jensen could give some insight into that Technical Overview doc.

  https://mobile.twitter.com/scottjenson

He might even be able to send over some actual Physical Web Bluetooth LE
beacons for TAG members to take a look at and try out at the f2f. Or since
I’ll be at the f2f, I have few myself that I could bring along.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike