From: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: [blink-dev] Intent to Ship: Permissions API
To: Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>
Cc: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>, Philip Jägenstedt <
philipj@opera.com>, Elisabeth Morant <egm@google.com>, Philip Rogers <
pdr@chromium.org>, Mike West <mkwst@chromium.org>, Jake Archibald <
jakearchibald@google.com>, blink-dev <blink-dev@chromium.org>, Mounir
Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>

/me puts TAG hat on

I'm grateful for Mounir's work on updating the design based on feedback. I
think it's getting better *VERY* quickly.

Given the time constraints, I spent some time over the weekend updating the
TAG feedback based on the latest draft
<https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/blob/master/2015/03/Permissions.md>.
The other TAG members (and the list) need to weigh in (I'll circulate it
today to get input ASAP), but I think it covers the bases.

The biggest issues are:

   - The "string-ness" of the status value. I worry about the ability to
   model the full set of permissions without a more extensible type and it
   will be hard to retrofit later
   - Lack of reflection for the majority of web platform permissions
   - An inability to enumerate which permissions are supported by the API

Regards