Re: Fwd: http+aes URI scheme

From: Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 13:45:16 -0700
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Noah Mendelsohn wrote:

> I think this will likely be of interest to the TAG. A discussion has
> sprung up on uri@w3,org. Basically, the HTML5 specification is
> proposing an http+aes URI scheme. Quoting selectively from [1]

I suppose there's precedent for such a scheme, had me thinking of data:
for some reason.  But, I don't believe URI is the proper solution, more
like a way to avoid solving the problem using HTTP headers.

Specifically, it's a Content-Encoding, with out-of-band decryption key.
I'm against putting this key in the HTML, HTTP headers make more sense.

-Eric