W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > January 2010

TAG Agenda for 14 January 2010

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:04:09 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>, Carine Bournez <carine@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OF8956DB05.E1EE412F-ON852576A9.007859D0-852576A9.0078E33E@lotus.com>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 14 January 2010 is now available 
at [1,2] and is attached in text form.  Once again, Carine Bournez, Liam 
Quin, Mike Smith and Philippe Le Hegaret will be joining us for the first 
part of the call, to continue the discussion of namespace-related 
mechanisms.

I believe that there is probably somewhat more on this agenda than we'll 
get to, but everything listed is an action or issue on which progress has 
been reported;  what we don't get to this time will be continued on the 
21st.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/01/14-agenda.html

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: : [3]7 January 2010 Next: 21 January
   2010

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/01/07-agenda

             Agenda of 14 January 2010 TAG Teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah Scribe: Jonathan Rees (unconfirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: none
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Next Meeting: 21 January 2010 Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
          + Future scribes: John -> Ashok -> Larry
    2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
          + [11]7 January 2009
               o Close [12]ACTION-215 on Dan - Send minutes of 7 Jan
                 TAG teleconference to www-tag for review - Due:
                 2010-01-07 - Pending review
    3. Administrative items
          + Announce [13]TAG election results
    4. [14]ACTION-357: Name qualification mechanisms for HTML 5
       (xmlnames)
          + Background:
               o [15]ACTION-357: on Henry Thompson - Elaborate the DPD
                 proposal to address comments from #xmlnames and tag
                 f2f discussion of 2009-12-13, particularly wrt
                 integration with XML specs and wrt motivation - due
                 2009-12-10 - open
               o [16]Discussion of Default Prefix Declarations at 10
                 Dec 2009 TAG F2F meeting including [17]joint session
                 with W3C staff.
               o [18]Discussion on 7 January 2009 of Liam Quin's
                 [19]Unobtrusive Namespaces proposal.
               o May also be pertinent: [20]ACTION-332: on Dan Connolly
                 - Note that the HTML 5 spec has a proposed design for
                 mixing in SVG and MathML, which is said to be the
                 scope of IsSUE-33 mixedUIXMLNamespace-33 - due
                 2010-01-07 - Pending review
               o Note: Philippe Le Hegaret, Liam Quin, Carine Bournez,
                 and Mike Smith [21]will be joining us for this
                 discussion. [22]ACTION-356 on Noah Mendelsohn: Work
                 with Carine Bournez to schedule followup meeting on
                 xmlnames followup discussion- due 2010-01-19 - open
                 (action is being continued in case we want to repeat
                 on the 21st)]
          + Goals:
               o Discuss progress made by Henry on [23]ACTION-357:
                 Elaborate the DPD proposal to address comments from
                 #xmlnames and [24]tag f2f discussion of 2009-12-10,
                 particularly wrt integration with XML specs and wrt
                 motivation
               o Decide next steps relating to DPD, unobtrusive
                 namespaces, and invisible namespaces
               o Close [25]ACTION-332: on Dan Connolly - Note that the
                 HTML 5 spec has a proposed design for mixing in SVG
                 and MathML, which is said to be the scope of IsSUE-33
                 mixedUIXMLNamespace-33 - due 2010-01-07 - Pending
                 review?
    5. [26]ISSUE-30: Binary XML
          + [27]Dan suggests that we close [28]ISSUE-30: Standardize a
            "binary XML" format?. [29]Noah seconds the proposal and
            [30]so does Tim.
          + Note that [31]EXI is a Candidate Recommendation
    6. [32]ISSUE-57 & [33]ACTION-347: Research 303 caching change in
       HTTPbis
          + Background:
               o [34]ACTION-347: on Jonathan - Research 303 caching
                 change in HTTPbis- due 2010-01-05 - Pending review
               o [35]Note from Jonathan endorsing [36]proposed HTTPbis
                 text and suggesting that "the relevant part of the
                 description of TAG should be either erased or
                 annotated as having been addressed."
          + Goals:
               o Endorse Jonathan's analysis, or else determine next
                 steps
               o Close [37]ACTION-347
               o Consider Jonathan's request for changes to
                 [38]ISSUE-57
    7. [39]ISSUE-51 & [40]ACTION-308: Propose updates to Authoritative
       Metadata and Self-Describing Web to acknowledge the reality of
       sniffing
          + Background:
               o [41]ACTION-308: on John Kemp - Propose updates to
                 Authoritative Metadata and Self-Describing Web to
                 acknowledge the reality of sniffing - due 2010-01-04 -
                 Pending review
               o John Kemp [42]email proposing updates to Authoritative
                 Metadata
               o John Kemp [43]email proposing updates to
                 Self-Describing Web. See also responses from [44]Larry
                 (objecting to sniffing being promoted to architectural
                 principle), Noah [45]agreeing with Larry and
                 [46]proposing alternatives to John's suggested text.
               o Note that [47]ISSUE-51: Self-describing Web is Pending
                 Review
          + Goals:
               o Consider proposals for updates to Authoritive Metdata
                 and Self-Describing Web
               o Close [48]ACTION-308?
               o Consider Jonathan's request for changes to
                 [49]ISSUE-57
               o Consider re-opening [50]ISSUE-51
    8. [51]ACTION-278: Draft changes to 2.7 of Metadata in URIs to
       cover the "Google Calendar" case
          + [52]ACTION-278: on Jonathan - Draft changes to 2.7 of
            Metadata in URIs to cover the "Google Calendar" case - due
            2009-12-27 - Pending review
          + [53]Proposal from Jonathan and messages in the thread
            following from that.
    9. [54]ACTION-354: Client side storage APIs
          + [55]ACTION-354: on Ashok - Review client side storage apis
            (web simple storage etc.), looking for architectural issues
            or other critical problems... or interesting design
            features the TAG should know about - due 2010-01-05 -
            Pending review
          + Ashok has sent an [56]email reviewing the state of play
            regarding HTML client-side storage APIs.
   10. [57]ACTION-231: Draft replacement for "how to use conneg" stuff
       in HTTP spec
          + [58]ACTION-231: on Larry - Draft replacement for \"how to
            use conneg\" stuff in HTTP spec - due 2010-01-12 - Pending
            review
          + Consider new [59]proposal from Larry
   11. [60]ACTION-351: Workshop on persistence
          + [61]ACTION-351: on Henry - Look into a workshop on
            persistence... perhaps the June 2010 timeframe - due
            2010-01-05 - Pending review
          + Henry requests telcon discussion (private communication
            with chair).
   12. Pending Review Items:
          + [62]Pending review actions in [63]Tracker
   13. Overdue Action Items:
          + [64]Overdue actions in [65]Tracker
   14. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/01/14-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/01/07-tagmem-minutes
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/215
     [13] http://www.w3.org/News/2010#entry-8694
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/357
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/357
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/12/10-tagmem-minutes.html#item01
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/xmlnames-minutes.html
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/01/07-tagmem-minutes#item02
     [19] http://www.barefootliam.org/xml/20091111-unobtrusive-namespaces
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/332
     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Jan/0025.html
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/356
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/357
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/12/10-tagmem-minutes.html#item01
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/332
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/30
     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Nov/0062.html
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/30
     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Nov/0065.html
     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Nov/0084.html
     [31] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2009OctDec/0059.html
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/347
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/347
     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0011.html
     [36] 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-08#section-8.3.4

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/347
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/51
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/308
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/308
     [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Dec/0128.html
     [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0007.html
     [44] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0018.html
     [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0019.html
     [46] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0025.html
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/51
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/308
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/51
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/278
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/278
     [53] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Dec/0121.html
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/354
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/354
     [56] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0008.html
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/231
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/231
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/231
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/351
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/351
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2010/01/12 21:54:16 $

   [66]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [66] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Tuesday, 12 January 2010 22:01:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:33:05 UTC